by Armando Perez – The U.S. men’s national team home jersey has provided some memorable moments for the fans of the Stars and Stripes since being launched by Nike last March. The all-white jersey with grey hooped pinstripes quietly made a bold statement on the field leading up to the 2014 World Cup, in Brazil over the summer, and since the team has returned to the U.S. and turned their focus to the next 4-year cycle.
During this time, there have been many memorable moments and World Soccer Shop took a moment to give you our Top 5 moments for the U.S.A. 2014/15 Home Soccer Jersey.
Top 5 Moments
5. Alejandro Bedoya scored a 39th-minute goal as the U.S. Men’s National Team earned a 1-0 victory against the Czech Republic on September 3rd. It was the USA’s first victory against the Czech Republic! The match also represented the first game of a new World Cup cycle with Team USA’s long-term sights set on the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
4. Fabian Johnson and Clint Dempsey scored in the 2-1 against Turkey on June 1st in Harrison, NJ. The victory was the first in the new home shirt.
3. Jozy Altidore score his first two goals of 2014 as the U.S. Men’s National Team defeated Nigeria 2-1 in front of a Florida-record crowd of 52,033 at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Florida. The bigger story on the day may have been with the 1 US player not wearing the white home jersey, Tim Howard. The US goalkeeper became the 15th U.S. MNT player to reach 100 caps! Howard also picked up the victory to break Kasey Keller’s all-time goalkeeper wins record for the United States. This was USA’s third consecutive victory heading into World Cup play!
2. USA striker Landon Donovan concluded his legendary international career during a 1-1 tie against Ecuador in Connecticut on October 10th, 2014. Donovan capped his 15-year international career as the USA’s all-time leader in goals (57), assists (58), points (172) and minutes (12,853).
1. In their final Group Stage match on June 26th in Recife against Germany, USA fought hard and lost to eventual champions Germany; nevertheless, the Red, White and Blue managed to advance to the World Cup Round of 16 once again!
What do you think have been the top moments in the US 2014/15 home soccer jersey? Talk about your picks below.
The U.S. 2014/15 Home Soccer Jersey is available at World Soccer Shop and on sale for $39.99 for a limited time.