The 2015 Copa America grabbed the attention of soccer fans around the world this summer. With CONMEBOL’s best teams and many of the top players fighting for regional supremacy it was no surprise. After regulation and extra time ended 0-0, hosts Chile held on for a nervy PK win over Argentina in the final.
But the winner when it comes to the most popular customized jersey did not come from the winning team. It is probably no big surprise that it was…
Top 5 Copa America Customized Soccer Jerseys
5. Arturo Vidal (Chile) – Vidal earned his first cap for La Roja in 2007 and has been a key to the team’s success. This marked the 1st time they have won the Copa America and the midfielder put in a team high 3 goals. Vidal’s name has been in the headlines for his club activity as well after completing one of the biggest summer transfers moving from Juventus to Bayern Munich.
4. Alexis Sanchez (Chile) – Sanchez is one of the targets for Vidal and the other midfielders. The striker is one of the most lethal in the world although he was kept quiet for most of the tournament only knocking in 1 goal. The 26-year-old returns to Arsenal and will have to play a big role if the Gunners hope to win the Premier League title.
3. James Rodriguez (Colombia) – After jumping to global stardom at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, James was quiet this Copa America. Los Cafeteros (the Coffee Growers) never found a team cohesion or rhythm and were knocked out at the quarterfinals. The 24-year-old turns his attention to Real Madrid and helping one of the top club teams in the world win some silverware this season.
2. Neymar (Brazil) – Neymar only played a limited role in Brazil’s Copa America after receiving a red card in the team’s 2nd game of the tournament and then a subsequent 4-game ban. The youngster is still the best known of the Brazilian players and his fans were not going to abandon him after the transgression. It should come as no surprise that his Barcelona jersey is one of the best-selling custom club jerseys as well.
1. Lionel Messi (Argentina) – There was no consolation for Messi after losing another major final but he once again tops the list of best-selling custom jersey. Messi scored 1 goal but could not will his side to victory. But maybe this is only the next motivating factor that will push Messi and Argentina to great glory come Russia 2018.